Pregnancy Resource Center Of Dinuba
More About Us
WHAT WE DO:
We know first hand here in Tulare County, having one of the highest numbers of teen pregnancies in the nation, the cost it is taking on our teens.
Women facing crisis pregnancies also agonize over the practical implications to giving birth to an unplanned child.
- A woman wonders how she can continue in school during pregnancy,
- About placing her baby for adoption,
- About whether she should marry a willing father,
- Or about being a single parent while carrying on with school or her career,
- and so much more....
In one study, 90 out of 100 women said that they would not have had an abortion if they only had someone to stand by them and help them find positive alternatives.
Dawnings aims to reduce unplanned pregnancy and abortion by reaching this prodigal generation by showing we care and will not judge but educate.
This need calls for practical, emotional, and spiritual support to women, boyfriends, and parents dealing with unplanned pregnancy.
We believe in the promotion of abstinence education among clients coming to the center and through presentations in schools and churches.
- give advice, but instead we offer informational pamphlets or we view a video that helps to inform each client or her/his options.
- Any decision that needs to be made is not an easy one to make.
- Most clients find it easier to become open and honest when they feel that someone really cares about them personally.
- We don’t judge, persuade, or influence anyone’s decision, we just take the time to show them we care about what they are feeling and acknowledge that their feelings are real.
- A decision regarding a pregnancy can influence the rest of their life in one way or another.
- She needs to feel she has made an informed decision and be comfortable with it.
Our mission is to provide our clients (both female & male) with whatever assistance that we may have available.
We refer our clients to local Health Centers to help them establish presumptive eligibility for medical care that enables them to start their prenatal care as soon as possible.
- We have them come in for parenting classes to prepare them for the next season of their live.
- For those not pregnant we offer abstinence and sexually transmitted disease information and Life Skills classes.
- As they go through our parenting and/or life skills classes they can earn “Victory Points” to use in our "Grace Center Resource Store" where they can buy things for their baby or themselves.
- But most importantly, we provide time to listen and to be a friend.
- This seems to be one of the most overlooked and needed commodities in the world today.
- We let them know we are here for them.
- We want them to be able to stop by from time to time to let us know how they are doing and help them if they get stuck.
- We want to be apart of their lives after their baby is born.
What a joy to know together we do make a difference in others lives.
We are here because we care!
As our website grows, keep visiting to learn more about:
- Information on upcoming events (Training Classes, Special Events, and more!)
- Much Needed Supplies,
- Volunteer Opportunities,
- How you can Help us through your prayers and financial support,
- And so much more!
We Thank you for your prayers. We are in our new permanent home at 682 S. First Ave.
We hope that everyone will enjoy keeping up to date with us!